Today, at 9 Hungarian time live broadcast has started from China. We were really excited since this is the first special phone of Xiaomi. The show started in a strange way, a DJ girl played spunky music for long minutes and the auditorium was almost empty. After 15 minutes waiting a QR code was put out with photos gallery then after 20 minutes BlackShark Weibo source, too. In spite of bad weather long queues were winding their ways to be able to see first the latest smartphone specially designed for gaming, the Xiaomi Black Shark.
Visitors, mostly cyber geeks were welcomed by nice ladies until the show started they should not be left without visual experiences. 🙂
After 35 minutes waiting, the show started. In the long introduction we could follow technology development and the company’s development until present time. CEO of Xiaomi, Lei Jun and other leaders could see the presentation of the Gamer smartphone from the first row and he could also take photos of events with the Black Shark phone.
The show started, the CEO of the Black Shark began the presentation.
In the introduction he presented that the new top category smartphone is the joint property of 3 big companies, of course, the Xiaomi of high priority.
It sports 12 MP dual rear camera module with dual-tone LED flashlight, interestingly not in the trendy vertical arrangement but in the old horizontal style.
The display is as usual 5.99″ InCell 18:9 aspect ratio screen, FHD+ resolution (2160x1080px). Fingerprint scanner is on the frontside in Home button.
The BlackShark runs on, of course, on the strongest mobile processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 845.
Highlighting the most important specifications:
- 2.8 GHz -30 % faster than its predecessor
- New generation 10nm LPP manufacturing technology – results in 10% performance growth and 15% energy consuming reduction.
- New Kryo 385 architecture – introduction of DynamiQ technology
- Adreno 630 GPU – 30% performance growth, 30% energy consuming reduction.
Unique System and Cache memory access – broadband access with 40-75% more data-carrying capacity
Since BlackShark was designed to play resource-hungry games, it is featured with a cooling-system that is multi-layered with liquid cooling.
In this way even if the phone is used for a long time, it does not overheat.
It is the first liquid cooled phone, 6000 mm2 cooling surface with cooling efficiency of 20 times. 70 % maximal CPU frequency running time growth, 8 degree fewer CPU core temperature.
It should not be explained, I think…… INCREDIBLE!!!!
Comparing its battery and power to the only current rival Samsung Galaxy S9+: software optimalisation, good battery, good hardware, that it uses less power during games.
All this is due to its 4000 mAh battery!
- Intelligent power consuming technology
- QC3.0 intelligent dual charging technology
- Due to its excellent thermic design it gives the device the greatest power in all cases
X-shaped smart antenna, 2X2 MIMO multi-antenna design. Forget lag during the game! 2.4 and 5 GHz Wifi signal is currently the most stable in the world!
- Green – BlackShark
- Red – iPhone X
- Blue – Samsung S9+
Pixelworks is the first independent image processor in the world.
- MEMC smart movement compensation
- Photo correction
- DCI-P3 support
What does it mean in reality? The photos above show how well AI snaps modes for the type of the photo with the new photo correcting chip.
In games, in dark places innovation is necessary, with better quality you can enjoy the game more.
Not to mention while you are watching a film, are?
Biso – High-end stereo speakers for the real experience.
Frontside microphone for chat during the game.
We can choose among many hundreds of accessories but BlackShark has its own accessory the Shark Joystick.
It is small and easy to connect to the phone. It is much more sensitive than touchscreen but the lag between touch and movement can be eliminated. 20 times quicker in millisecond thanSamsung S9+ and 5 times of that than iPhone X. You can move, shoot, aim faster than anybody ever before! There is also the GAME DOCK, which is a small window from above, in which you can see every instruction that is important during the game. DOCK buttons: game acceleration, handling calls, do not disturb option, silent mode, AI assistant, memory clearance, save screen, etc…
Shark Space is also introduced. It is the place of best games! The world comes to an end around you!
The price of the phone, as it is usual by Xiaomi, is incredibly cheap. The 6/64GB variant is 2,999 CNY ~ 120,500 HUF, while the more powerful 8/128 GB variant costs 3,499 CNY ~ 140,500 HUF. The additional console can be available for 149 CNY but the first 50,000 customers can get it for free!!!
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC
- 6 or 8 GB RAM LPDDR4x
- 64 or 128GB internal storage UFS2.1
- Pixelwork smart beauty mode
- 4000 mAh battery QC3.0 Quick Charge
- USB Type-C (charge, data, earphone)
- Stereo speakers
- Dedicated frontside microphone
- Dual Wifi antenna 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2,4 and 5GHz
- TD LTE / FDD LTE / TD-SCDMA / WCDMA / CDMA / GSM (No B20!!!)
- 5.99″ display, 18:9 aspect ratio, 550nit brightness, 2160×1080 pixels. DCI-P3 colour gamut
- Dual rear camera: 12MP | 20MP f/1.75 aperture, 6P lens
- Dual-tone LED flash
- Front camera: 20MP f/2.2, 5P lens
- Dual NANO-SIM (no SD card)
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, compass
- Gyroscope, proximity sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor
- Android 8.1